Pedestal sinks are very simple sinks. They were used in the early twentieth century. They were popular for their simplicity. They later came to be replaced by large countertops and bathroom vanity cabinets which take up much space.
White Pedestal sinks are not as commonly used as before. But they are still very popular. They are used in small bathrooms in order to save space. They are simple in that they only serve the most basic function of a sink.
They add uniqueness to the toilet. They give the bathroom a traditional look. So they are mostly used in traditional setting bathrooms. The manufacturers of pedestal sinks usually make a collection. When this collection is used together the bathroom will have a more traditional feel to it.
They are composed of two-component parts that are joined together during installation:
- The basin: the part that collects water, and the part that the faucet is connected to. It was commonly called lavatory before and is still sometimes referred to as a lavatory.
- The pedestal: the vertical stand that supports part of the weight of the pedestal. It works with hangers that are connected to the wall in order to hold the basin up.
Pedestal sinks are best suited in bathrooms where there’s little space. For example, powder rooms or half baths because of how little space they use.
They are also used in bathrooms that are aiming for a classy early 20th-century design. They give the bathroom an authentic vintage look.
Top White Pedestal Sinks
KOHLER Pedestal Bathroom Sink
This Tresham white pedestal sink is a beautiful design having a traditional and classy look. At the same time, it manages to retain modern features. It is one of the more costly KOHLER designs.
It has a very elegant yet simple design. With a timeless feel that fully complements the classy look of a bathroom with a traditional design.
Including the classic white design, it also comes in exotic colors. Colors like almond, biscuit, Mexican sand and thunder gray. This makes it easier to match your bathroom in order to fit your needs.
It is best used with other Tresham collections. This brings out the true beauty of the sink. It is made of fireclay and goes well with other Tresham products. The basin is in a square-like shape. It also has an overflow drain.
- It has enough space for placing grooming accessories.
- It is available in 10 colors.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- It can be used with other products in the Tresham collection.
- Easy to install.
· It is more expensive than other designs.
Swiss Madison Glossy White Pedestal Sink with Legs
This is a pedestal sink that has a modern look. Other pedestal sinks try to keep the traditional looks of 20th-century pedestal sinks. While this pedestal sink brings a more modern look to pedestal sinks.
The sink is made of durable ceramic. This ensures that it lasts longer. And it has a smooth finish that makes it easier for cleaning and brings out a greater shine.
Its cylindrical and modern look makes it the best pedestal for a bathroom with little space. Using this sink makes the toilet look more spacious than it is. And it comes with an overflow drain.
It is easy to install. And comes with a one-year warranty. The sink has a high gloss finish. This protects it from stains and scratches.
- It’s very easy to clean.
- It has a smooth and elegant design.
- It is highly resistant to staining and scratches.
- It has a more modern look than other pedestal sinks.
- Looks good in toilets that are not aiming for a traditional look.
· It does not fit well into bathrooms with a traditional and classy setting.
KOHLER Pedestal Sink with Single Faucet Hole
The KOHLER Veer pedestal sink is another great design by KOHLER. It has a very simple but beautiful design. It is made of vitreous china.
The pedestal is the K-5246 pedestal. And the basin is the K-5247-1 basin. Its traditional look makes it a great addition to any bathroom that’s designed with a traditional look. It combines a functional design with a sophisticated style, thereby making it the best sink for smaller bathrooms.
It is best used with other toilet products by KOHLER. This results in a more classy bathroom.
The slender pedestal takes little space. While the basin is designed to have enough space for toiletries and other items. It also has only one faucet hole.
- The basin has enough space for toiletries.
- It is very durable and retains its beauty for a long time.
- Very simple design.
- It’s cheaper than other KOHLER designs.
· It’s too plain for those who like flashy things.
American Standard White Pedestal Sink With Legs
It has a rectangular shape and is made of vitreous china. This adds a unique style to your bathroom. Especially when used with the Townsend Faucets.
The basin is rectangular and classically styled. It has a wide ledge with a rear overflow. The height is perfectly adjusted for the user. This makes it very comfortable to use.
It is designed with the comfort of the user in mind. Just like other sinks in the Townsend series.
Its exquisite details and simple but classy look make it a great addition to any bathroom designed with a traditional American look.
It is made of staining resistant vitreous china. This makes it durable and shinier. It’s also able to retain its beauty over longer periods.
- Its perfect height prevents back strain.
- It is staining resistant, shines, and is very simple to clean.
- The basin is wide and large enough to hold grooming materials and toiletries.
- The design is classy and beautiful.
· The basin is too detailed. This takes up some of the space that could have been used for toiletries.
There are all sorts and types of white pedestal sinks. The ones mentioned above stand out from the rest. They are better and more well designed. The features and pros that have been mentioned are all true, yet there are very few disadvantages to buying them. They are the best among white pedestal sinks with legs. And I advise that if you plan on buying a pedestal sink you buy one of these.