If you have ever planned for a laundry room or garage, a utility sink might have come to your mind. But there are a lot more uses of a utility sink. It helps to keep the unnecessary debris away, such as from your shoes, clothes, and mop buckets. The best utility sink is that it serves your purpose and fulfill your needs within budget. We have got a list of best utility sinks to make your choice more comfortable if you are looking for the best utility sink.
- Best Utility Sinks 2020
- 1. CASHEL Drop-In Sink Best Laundry Room Sink
- 2. Transolid utility sinks 24-inch
- 3. Ruvati Topmount Best Laundry Sink [25 Inch]
- 4. STERLING Best Slop Sink 25 Inch utility sink
- 5. GRIDMANN Commercial NSF Stainless Steel Sink
- 6. Chrome High Rise Kitchen Faucet Laundry Sink Utility Tub
- 7. Blue Utility Sink Laundry Tub With High Arc Black Kitchen Faucet
- 8. Zenna Home Best Laundry Room utility sink
- 9. Black utility sink Laundry Tub With Pull Out Chrome Faucet
- 10. TRINITY utility sink with Faucet
- 11. Laundry Sink Utility Tub With High Arc
- 12. American Standard L1100 Fiat Wall Hung utility sink
- 13. Mustee 27F Utilatwin Floor-Mounted Laundry/Utility Tub
- 14. Mustee 14 Utilatub Laundry Tub Floor Mount
- Utility Sink Buying Guide
Best Utility Sinks 2020
1. CASHEL Drop-In Sink Best Laundry Room Sink
Cashel utility sink is an essential kit available with a drop-in installation type. This sink has a massive capacity of 14.5 gallons. You can install this sink on countertop and cabinets with ease.
If you don’t have much counter space for a utility sink, this sink can make it place with its beautiful design. You also get a washboard, soap dish, and draining workspace with this utility tub.
2. Transolid utility sinks 24-inch
Transolid utility sink is a stainless-steel sink. It is available with a magnetic sink accessories kit. You get a preassembled cabinet, base frame, tub, strainer with this utility sink. The faucet flow is 1.8 GPM.
The cabinet frame of this utility sink uses particleboard, and doors use MDF. A stainless steel sink filter is removable, and you can clean the sink with ease. The magnetic accessory kit includes rare earth magnets.
3. Ruvati Topmount Best Laundry Sink [25 Inch]
Ruvati utility sink is a 12-inch deep stainless-steel utility sink. It uses 16-gauge type 304 steel that makes the sink strain and rust-free. This utility sink is available with top mount installation and has a 1/4-inch-high rim.
This sink includes sound guarding pads to reduce noise while working. It is a very deep sink, and you can wash a lot of clothes or heavy mop buckets in it. Also, it comes with an elegant brushed finish.
4. STERLING Best Slop Sink 25 Inch utility sink
Sterling 996-0 is a beautiful utility sink available with a stand. It is a 22-inch single bowl sink available with a top mount installation option. It includes a pre-drilled faucet hole and two more marks for extra faucets.
The style is unique with outside curves. There is a deck design on this utility sink that allows you to keep small items. The sink is 13 inches deep that offers massive space for washing bigger issues such as buckets.
Check Price on AmazonGet it now on Amazon
5. GRIDMANN Commercial NSF Stainless Steel Sink
GRIDMANN utility sink is a wall mount sink. It uses stainless steel for its construction that makes it very durable. People use this sink for handwashing purposes. It is available with a faucet, and it is also NSF certified sink.
The sink has a large and deep bowl that prevents water splashing. It also includes a basket strainer drain for easy cleaning. The stainless-steel sink meets NSF standards for public health protection.
6. Chrome High Rise Kitchen Faucet Laundry Sink Utility Tub
Maya’s Chrome high rise is a utility tub set that comes with a large basin, metal legs, faucet, and side sprayer. The firm uses durable metal and ABS plastic for its construction. This utility tub is enormous and has a 19-gallon capacity.
The pull-out sprayer is handy to clean the sink, nearby surfaces, or washing feet. You get foot levers stable the utility tub, faucet, supply lines, and necessary hardware. The high arc helps to clean larger items and bulky items also.
7. Blue Utility Sink Laundry Tub With High Arc Black Kitchen Faucet
VETTA’s Blue utility sink is a beautiful laundry tub. The sink is 13 inches deep and is of dark grey color that makes your space pleasing. The black faucet and the metal legs make the whole set more delightful and alluring.
The faucet uses metal and plastic combination to make it durable and robust. You also get foot levelers to balance the sink on bumpy surfaces.
8. Zenna Home Best Laundry Room utility sink
Zenna Home ELT2006W is an ErgoTub available in beautiful white color. The design of this laundry sink is beautiful and unique. You get pre-drilled holes for the 4-inch faucet with this sink. It is a freestanding utility tub.
The sink also includes a hose guard for the washing machine. You can keep the soap dish also on the side of this utility sink. The pull-out faucet makes cleaning easier.
9. Black utility sink Laundry Tub With Pull Out Chrome Faucet
Black utility sink by LDR Industries is a classic black laundry tub. It has a fantastic black finish with stunning looks. The utility sink comes with metal legs that make this sink freestanding. It is a 14-inch deep sink and serves all your needs for washing.
There is a small ledge on the faucet side that acts as a shelf for soaps, bars, or sponges. You can use this sink in mudrooms, washrooms, washing areas, basements, or garage.
10. TRINITY utility sink with Faucet
Trinity THA-0307 is a stainless-steel utility sink. The sink includes a single handle chrome faucet with hoses. It is a freestanding utility sink available with plastic feet levelers. The pan uses 18-gauge type -304 stainless steel that makes it durable.
The sink has a 16-inch depth that provides ample space for washing more essential items such as mop buckets. You also get a stainless-steel drainer with this sink. Mounting hardware is also included in the package.
11. Laundry Sink Utility Tub With High Arc
Maya’s Laundry sink or utility tub is a chrome finish sink. It is available with a high arc kitchen faucet. The depth of the utility sink is 14 inches. It comes with metal legs that make it a freestanding laundry sink.
The utility tub has a substantial 19-gallon capacity. Metal legs help the laundry tub to be stable. You can wash your dirty and muddy pots or get your pet a bath in this sink with ease. You also get foot levelers to balance the sink. The color combination of the faucet and sink is excellent and looks very pretty.
12. American Standard L1100 Fiat Wall Hung utility sink
American Standard L1100 is a wall mount utility sink. It is a single bowl sink available in white color. The sink uses molded stone with a compression technique. The depth of this utility sink is 12 inches.
The utility sink includes a drain, hanger, and a drain plug. The wall-hung utility sink is 23 inches wide from side to side — an excellent option when you do not have much space to install a utility sink.
13. Mustee 27F Utilatwin Floor-Mounted Laundry/Utility Tub
Mustee 27F Utilatwin is a floor-mounted utility sink. The utility tub is available with a double bowl and a beautiful faucet in the middle. The width of this utility sink is 40 inches.
This utility sink has 4-inch faucet mounting centers. The utility tub also comes with a washboard, stopper, and slip nut. This utility sink is available in classic white color with grey legs.
14. Mustee 14 Utilatub Laundry Tub Floor Mount
Mustee 14 Utilatub is a floor mounted laundry sink. It is available with a single bowl. The firm in the United States uses Co-polypore resin material for its construction. This sink has a 20-gallon capacity.
The sink has a 13-inch depth. The construction mode used in one-piece molding. It is available in white color. This utility sink comes with two faucet holes. The drainage system is in the middle, and it drains very well.
Utility Sink Buying Guide
What is a Utility sink?
A utility sink is a sink little bigger than kitchen sinks. They have a deep and wide basin generally and also provide more space. The depth of this sinks reduces water splashing outside the sink. It is often paired with an industrial faucet.
utility sinks are multipurpose and functional sinks. Its uses include washing mud, hand washing, pet washing, mop washing, gardening, and more. You can install utility sinks in a utility room, garage, garden, or washing room. You can install these sinks indoors as well as outdoors, and they help to clean big messes.
How to install a utility sink next to the washer
Installing a sink next to your washer is very beneficial to you. You can remove mud from your kids’ cloth after they play or can wash or hands after working with detergent. But you need to take care of some essential points. As you need to configure the drainpipe inside a wall to ensure proper drainage and venting.
If you have water lines and pipes are already set up, your task would be much more comfortable. You should consider your countertop material and dimensions. Because cutting granite or marble countertop would be risky. Now, follow the steps below to install a utility sink next to your washer.
1. Turn off all the water supplies.
2. Cut a section of existing pipes. Then, install a new PVC pipe that will attach to your utility sink near the washer.
3. Using PVC cement, assemble your original pipe and assorted fitting.
4. You can attach the rest of the PVC piping if needed.
5. Install the sink and the faucet having a plastic extender below. This fitting will connect to the new PVC trap we have added.
6. Add some plumber’s putty under the faucet and tighten the nuts.
7. Connect the water lines and connect the new sink to existing water lines.
8. You can attach hot and cold water supply lines from the sink if needed.
9. Now, turn the water lines back, and the utility sink next to the washer is ready to use.
How to Choose the Utility Sink?
utility sinks help you with a lot of activities in your busy schedule. If you want to handwash dirty clothes, you can use this sink. It allows you to clean up after messy activities such as painting, gardening, DIY projects.
You get many types of utility sink with a wide range of brands. They are also available in different sizes, colors, styles, materials, and designs. There are some factors you should consider while choosing a utility sink. First thing you need to be aware of while buying a sink is its installation type. Material is another essential factor to consider when you choose a utility sink. Other factors include depth, shelf, drainboard, and self-draining back shelf. Small size and basic models are useful to wash hands or more minor tasks. Big Tub is deep sinks to wash more substantial items.
Types of Utility Sink and Materials
Types and material are significant factors to consider while buying a utility sink.
Utility sinks are available with below installation types:
1. Drop-in – These sinks mount in a hole cut into the work surface, and the sink sits below the counter. Drop-in sinks are easy to install and can work well with most surfaces.
2. Undermount sinks – These sinks mount under the countertop. It offers a modern look, and cleaning is easy as you can push any countertop spills into the sink.
3. Wall-mount sinks – It works well with areas having less working space or no countertop. Wall-mount sinks are standalone units and competent to install in basements.
4. Floor-mount sinks – These are also independent units, and you can install it near the workspace. It comes with a base or legs and is easy to install.
5. Portable sinks – These sinks mount on wheeled carts and are easy to move from one location to another. Supply lines of these sinks can connect to existing pipes with ease, and it works great for outdoors.
Some of the common materials used in utility sink are as below:
1. Acrylic or Fiberglass – These are a lightweight material and durable. These are very easy to maintain and are resistant to stains. Acrylic/Fiberglass is cost-effective and non-porous. These are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and shapes.
2. Porcelain or Ceramic – Generally used in undermount and drop-in sinks. The material is strong, pleasing, durable, and resistant to heat and chemicals.
3. Stainless Steel – You can use these sinks in any environment. It is straightforward to clean, rust-resistant, chemical or heat resistant, and durable.
4. Cast Iron – It is a traditional material that is strong and durable. You can use these sinks for high use, high water temperatures, and harsh cleaning.
5. Plastic – You can use these sinks for smaller tasks as they are not as strong and durable as other materials. It is cost-effective and easy to clean.
You should take care of what type of sink you need and what material you prefer in your sink. Consider your needs and the space you have for a utility sink. Then, you can choose the perfect fit, size, style, material, shape, type from our list of best utility sinks. It helps you with your regular stuff while giving a stylish appeal near your workspace.